Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HOLY CRAP

I was checking some blogs out and saw a few different people who had countdowns to Christmas. WHAT!...eight days until Christmas. That means 5 days until Saki's second birthday, 7 days until Ife's birthday and then Christmas... I couldn't sleep last night realizing that I haven't done one single bit of shopping...not for birthdays or Christmas. I've been so caught up in trying to be a mom to 2 adorable boys that I haven't realized Christmas is next week. Plus, I don't even know how to shop with two kids. Where do I put the groceries/presents when I already have a car seat and Saki in the cart? This is bad...very bad.

9 comments:

Shae said...

Welcome to motherhood of two kids! :) I, too, have been scrambling to do some Christmas shopping, after Nate gets home from work, so that I don't have to take all 3 kids with me...but even more so, because the time has been going so fast! (I usually have the majority of Christmas done by the 1st of Dec!

One thing I like about Sam's Club/Costco stores, is that the carts are big enough for 2 kids plus things to buy. :) Although, it doesn't work for normal stores. :( I usually had Micah push the cart from underneath me (when I just had 2kids), because he liked to push things, and he would stay near by because he was having fun pushing the cart with me; then I still had room for things in the cart.

Kate Call said...

i'm right there with you my friend!! one of my patients brought up that there is only about a week until christmas... and you would think it was 2 months away by how ready i am for it! i'm so bad! one of these days i will get it figured out to get everything taken care of the beginning of dec so i can enjoy the season! .... and least you have an excuse! i'm going to be a nightmare of a mess when i have kids if i'm this bad now! celeste... i HAVE to see you over christmas.. promise?!!!!! love you

Annie said...

You do have a lot to do! If your Fijian is like mine he doesn't celebrate birthdays so you can scratch that off the list. :)
Shopping with two little ones is hard but here are two options for you. Get a baby sling and wear your baby so you can keep Saki in the cart. Or you could buy a "leash" for Saki so he can't run too far away. Of course you have to ignore the stares with that option. :) Good luck with everything! I hope you are able to actually enjoy both birthdays and Christmas instead of stressing over them!

Brad and Rachel said...

I know how you feel... kind of. I haven't done any Christmas shopping. Good Luck with birthday AND Christmas. You definitely should be cut some slack since you have a new baby. Let me know if you figure out how to do shopping with two. I haven't figured that out yet.

Hope said...

Don't forget we are going to go shopping this weekend! You better be coming. We can leave all the babes with Ife and Dustin, and Rose and Kristy and Camille and whoever is there and make a mad dash. BUT it WILL be Saturday, and the last Saturday before Christmas... super fun! I DEFINATELY need to go still.

Karla said...

I so hear ya on this. I told Inoke we weren't doing Christmas this year... How did it sneak up on me so fast this year? And I am still working on the taking out ONE baby to the store, I don't know how you do it with TWO. :)

Sarah Smith said...

Your new little guy is so qt. He has a ton of hair and curly! You are so lucky. Have a merry christmas. Hope you get all of your shopping done.

Unknown said...

Let me watch the kids!!! I would love to...feed baby drop him off good for a couple hours of shopping. Call me, I love to hold baby. And my kids will entertain Saki.

Tora Family said...

I've oftened wondered how that works out...I have a hard enough time with one. I guess it's good that motherhood makes us so adaptable...or in my case forces me out of my comfort zone. :) Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!