I know my sister Hope already blogged about this, but I thought I would add some information about our yearly sisters party. This is one of the best weekends of the year and I definitely look forward to it every year. My sisters and sisters-in-laws get together one time a year - without any kids - to just hang out and be girls. Anyway, this year we went to Logan and on Friday night we went to the play Beauty and the Beast. It was really good and fun to get out and not have to worry about crying kids. Of course, we stayed up all night talking, which is really what the sisters party entails. We just tell stories about childhood and our crazy lives. Anyway, Saturday we did what we do best...sat around and ate really good food and talked. Rosetta let everyone choose to have either a pedicure or a hair highlight from her. Needless to say, she was busy giving service to everyone the entire weekend. I chose a hair highlight, but here is a picture of her giving Kristy a pedicure.
We also spent hours...maybe 8 or 10...maybe even more...making bows and headbands. Okay, this was really fun for the first few hours because my sisters are so crafty and I am seriously amazed at what they can do, but come on hours and hours. Anyway, everyone benefited from this service except me and Camille because we obviously have no girls. Of course, everyone said we could make stuff for gifts etc., but really, those things were just too cute to give away. I would have wanted to keep them.













4 comments:
Fun! I remember when you had that party while you were at college. Or maybe I just remember hearing you talk about it. What a great tradition! Me and my sisters always try to do fun things together when they're in town, but we usually just end up juggling meal-time, nap-time, bed-time, and bath-time, and then we fall asleep trying to talk about doing something fun! It still makes for good memories, though! Wish I was in on the bow party! I'm in need of those kinds of things, now!
That's such a cool idea. How fun
Hope your feeling better from the ride home! ;) Who's turn to plan next years! Im already ready for it to be here!
How fun, what a great thing to do! And, how great to have a break from mama/wife duties!
Post a Comment