The Eensy Weensy Spider was the first song Saki really loved. Even though this video is really old I thought I would post it. He has since gotten much better at the actions and loves to sing lots of other songs...and he's upgraded from a crib to a twin bed.
Quick Update on our family...
Ife is still doing his practicum. He works from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. with a one hour lunch break. He comes home and sleeps from about 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. He is then off to his regular work from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. So he basically gets 2-3 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. Of course he still goes to class all day on Thursday instead of working in the day. We look forward to Saturday and Sunday where he can catch up on: sleep, talking to his mom on the phone, playing with Saki, church calling, homework, presentations, cooking Fijian food, and how could I forget the rugby games. I just keep thinking...only 2 1/2 more months of this...if only he can make it without dying first.
I am feeling okay. I really feel this pregnancy has been completely different from my first. I am waking up almost every single night with very painful contractions. It doesn't help that Ife isn't here. I almost went into the ER a couple nights ago...I was so scared I was going into labor. Since I didn't really go into labor with Saki, I'm not quite sure what to expect. Saki was born at 35 weeks and I really am scared of going so early again. Mine and my doctor's goal is to make it to 38 weeks. Right now I'm just over 3o weeks. I got a free massage from the students at the ISU massage therapy program. They were learning about how to care for women in their third trimester of pregnancy. I must say, it was quite an adventure. I got paired with the only boy in the class and it was a full body massage...I was definitely not expecting that. I think he was more uncomfortable about knowing where to move the towel and sheets to make sure I was not exposed. I have never had a real massage before...wait, does that qualify as a real massage? Did I mention, I thought it was just going to be a back massage, with maybe a little arms...nope it wasn't.
Saki is starting to talk much more. We have been working on saying people's names clearly. He loves to draw on himself...not paper. I also can not manage to keep his hair trimmed short enough. It grows so fast, plus I suck at cutting hair. He has also developed a sweet tooth. I don't know where he got this from. I really think his daddy slips him candy on the side. The other day, he brought his toy fire engine into the kitchen because he can't reach the counter. Anyway, he climbed up onto the sink and into the treat jar. I use this for random candy that is never eaten...like from parades and stuff like that...and usually use it for game night, or giving it to my class or something. Anyway, he couldn't undo the wrappers from the tootsie rolls so he was just eating through the paper. I do not even know that he knew there was a candy jar. That will now be strategically hidden.
Anyway, sorry I don't have any current pictures to post. My camera should be getting fixed soon. Someone left it in the car during their weekend trip to Utah. I don't think that was very good for it. Good thing it is still under warranty.













9 comments:
Wow! I didn't know that Saki was born at 35 weeks! How come? I hope that you make it to at least 38 with this one!! The braxton hicks contractions supposedly are more "uncomfortable" if you've had other pregnancies. I definitely could tell that with Mercedes pregnancy. I hope that you are feeling good. I probably would be way worried, too, if my hubby wasn't home, and I was having contractions like that...it's so scary, because you don't know what to do! Good luck!!
Too funny...I bet that wasn't a very comfortable and relaxing massage...I know I wouldn't be relaxed! And can I say HOLY COW! I thought my husband worked alot! Pono goes in at 7 every morning and just varies when he gets home...sometimes it's 7 sometimes it 12, I never know. I thought that 12 hours + was alot but working like 20 hours everyday, what a man! Hope your contractions start going away and let that baby cook alittle longer! Take care Celeste.
Wow! I guess Ife isn't afraid to work hard to support his family! What an incredible comfort that must be.
I hope things go well with your pregnancy. That would be very nerve-racking to be having contractions already. I'm sure you'll do great!
LIFE GETS BETTER!! ;) I didn't know Saki was born so early...I had some pretty intense contractions when I was around 30 weeks and they lasted a couple of weeks, my doctor wanted me to go in for observation but I couldn't afford it...I slowed down at work, a lot and started taking more breaks and napped when I could. They went away, the intense ones anyway, but I still had braxton hicks up until the day before I delivered. Good luck, and let me know if there's anything I can do...I'm sure austin would love a play day with Saki if you need a break.
Your guys' life is so crazy! Do you and Ife ever see each other? I am glad to hear you guys are doing well. Take care of yourself so you can make 8 more weeks.
Celeste, Thanks for commenting on my blog! Lincoln does think that people look at my blog now. Your little boy is adorable. And about the contractions...you keep that baby in there!! And you husbands schedule is crazy crazy. hang in there!
Why is your husband working so much! That is crazy. I don't know how you guys do it. Are you still working, too? I am home Thursdays and Fridays if you ever need help with Saki. Sounds like you could use a nap once in awhile-Keep that baby in there for awhile more!
Your little boy is so cute! I hope your pregnancy goes well. You'll have to keep us posted on how things go. We'll be praying for you! Keep posting pictures. :)
Hey!! I didn't even know that you had a blog! So glad you found ours!! We will add you to our friend list as well!! I didn't know you guys were having another boy, congratulations!!!
Post a Comment