Sunday, September 7, 2008

What Else

We have tried to go visit people before Ife's last semester started at ISU. We went to Mary and Isei's wedding in Utah. It was fun seeing everyone.

Ife's sister, Makelesi moved to Utah, so we went down to see them as well. It was fun and of course, Saki loved seeing his cousins. Meko had a birthday. I have never seen someone so excited for a birthday cake. His girl cousins also did his make-up. I'm not sure who took this picture, but Saki obviously was not too happy. Saki is still growing and having so much fun. He seems so much older to me. I don't know if it's because we're going to be having another baby or what, but he is just growing. (Don't mind the fuzziness of the picture. I'm not sure what was going on).

Anyway, as for Ife, he is the busiest he has ever been. He is working nights at his regular job (which I don't prefer...I hate being alone at night), so that he can keep his health insurance. He is also doing his practicum for his senior field experience. He is trying to get his 400 hours of practicum done before December so he doesn't have to worry about working 80 hours a week doing both jobs once the baby is here. He is also taking 18 credits. He also keeps up in his church calling. I'm pretty sure I don't know how he does it, but he is amazing. The only bad thing is that Saki has definitely been a daddy's boy lately. Saki is getting bored with me.

Oh yeah, funny side note here. I'm starting to see the mischievous side to Saki. Whenever I need to change his diaper or clothes or basically get him with me for any reason, he looks at me and laughs and runs away. I think he realizes that I am getting slower due to my enlarging stomach. Everyone has been asking what he thinks about having a little brother. I don't know that he has any clue what is going on except that I am getting fatter. When I ask him where the baby is, he points to my stomach...that is about it. Anyway, he just thinks it is so funny to run away...especially if we are out in public at the store where everyone watches me run after him. It drives me insane, but in the end, all I can do is laugh at how cute he is. I do look up to those moms with several kids. Sometimes I wonder what I will be like with two, but I guess we aren't too far from from actually seeing that. CRAZY!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

oh just you wait, the fun is just beginning! ;) You'll do fine with two, it's a little rocky at first, but you'll get the hang of it, plus thank goodness Ife is working so hard to be all done! Good for you guys, you just do what you gotta do, and we look back all the time wondering how we've gotten through things, but you just do. We need to all have lunch or dessert or something, I want to see your cute prego belly!!

Michelle said...

As Jenn said...you somehow learn to manage two! Kids are so fun! I have a little two year old that likes to laugh and run away too! Little stinkers huh! Thanks for your comment on my blog, so nice...also sounds like you get to see your husband as much as I do! Sightings are few and far between! Take care Celeste.

Kate Call said...

thats so awesome ife is almost done with school.. what a nice feeling! and i laughed out loud when i saw that pic of saki with make-up.. to funny! i can't believe how big he is and that you are going to have 2 soon.. too exciting!!

administrator said...

Hey Celeste,
Congrats on another boy!! We love our two little boys!
I wasn't sure how to get ahold of you. Just wanted to let you know they released Bishop Moore last Sunday. Aleisha McConkie is putting together a scrapbook for him. If you can, send your favorite pictures from your time in 14th ward or send a current family snap shot and a short paragraph about where you are and what you're doing. Email to Aleisha McConkie at a_mcconkie@yahoo.com Bishop will really appreciate it!!
Jenn Gunter

Tora Family said...

Even though i've never met you in person I can somehow picture you (as a pregnant woman) waddling after your little guy. Shoot, I practically waddle after Gabriel and I'm not even pregnant. :) I think this is such a fun age...sometimes challening, but fun!

Camille said...

Hey! I'm excited for you to have another one! Life definitely changes, but you adjust because you have to. It's fun to have a playmate for the older one, though. I still have a few months before I won't have to supervise so much. that will be nice.

So, I noticed you and Kate Call know each other! Did you guys ever make the connection? We went to school together and our parents live about two miles from each other? Funny!

Burdick Family said...

Celeste, I was reading your post thinking how similar our lives are right now as far as kids go. Carter does the exact same thing to me, and I am definitely getting slower than him. Sometimes I panic thinking about handling 2 kids-- I am not keeping up with 1 very well! At least I know someone is in the same boat.(:

Druava Family said...

Hey Celeste How is it going? Are you feeling pretty good? Thanks for visiting our blog it is so fun to keep in touch that way since our hubbies are bad at sharing info...he he...
We still need to plan a little vacation or something together..to anywhere Vegas, Cali, or Salt Lake(yeah right) just do something fun together. We have to go to Disneyland one day!! Take care and hope all is well with your family.

VicandNanc said...

Hey! I just barely had time to catch up on your blog.... CONGRATULATIONS on another baby! That is so exciting! Your family reunion shirts are so cute! I love the logo on it. It was fun catching up... funny how we do that these days!

Hale Family said...

Hi Celeste
Send me your e-mail at josephandvictoriahale@hotmail.com and I will add you to my list for my blog.

I am sorry that I made the stupid comment that I always hate when people say to me about my son. I was just kicking myself the rest of the way through Walmart. I think it is silly when people tell me how big my son is - hello I already know that he is big! Then I turned around and did the same thing to you. Sorry!

Anyways, have a good day and send me your address and I will get an invite to you.

Victoria